Therapeutic Boarding School
In Balance Academy is committed to assisting each student and
his family in the journey of recovery, sobriety, and academic achievement.
We endeavor to facilitate healing in the individual and in the family,
equipping them with the necessary tools to live a healthy, productive and joyful life.
1. Recovery is the first step in everything we do; sobriety is the cornerstone upon which we build our lives and ultimately reach our personal potential.
2. Recovery from chemical dependency is a “whole person” process that involves physical, cognitive, emotional and spiritual growth and healing.
3. Academic success is imperative for developmental growth of the adolescent and in creating resiliency against substance abuse relapse.
4. All of our students possess the potential to excel academically, to become strong leaders, and to live healthy, productive and happy lives. Together we will find the keys to unlock each young man’s potential.
5. The support of family members and healthy family relationships are an integral part of our program and the recovery process.
6. The staff at In Balance Academy help bring out each student’s talents and strengths, providing for a positive, realistic and optimistic future.
7. Service to others is an essential component of daily life at the Academy. Our students give unselfishly to others as they realize their incredible potential to become leaders of change in their own lives and in their communities.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"There are no words to describe how happy I feel about our son and his new life. Whatever work he did down at In Balance really had a tremendous effect on him and I am glad to say that I have been less worried than I have been in years. I can tell that our son has made a deep psychic change. I look forward to the future now, rather than dread it. Thank you once again for helping us all have a meaningful life again."
-In Balance Parent
"In Balance offered me a relationship with my family again, I was finally able to see how much they truly loved me and they were finally able to see what a good son I really was."
-In Balance Alumni
"We watched with gratitude and amazement as our son matured and our relationship with him thawed; gradually it has became warm, loving, and stable. I know that as the years unfold this experience will continue to enrich our lives."
-In Balance Parent